Thursday, December 8, 2011

Sharpening the arched beard microburst on the Norton 4000/8000 cutting stone


Read the blogue: sharpeningscissorsandknivesinvirginia.blogspot.com The shear was tested and initially dose not fully cut a dry tissue as seen in the beginning of the video. Taken apart each blade is sharpened on the ride and on the convex edge as shown. Then at the end of the video it is again tested with a dry tissue and dose cut properly, with a clean cut. Now it is a good tool for cutting hair. I did other things to the shown shear to get it in top shape not shown in the video. Stropping for example. I wanted to show in general is done to sharpen a convex shear. When I first got started in this I found it difficult to visualize. I wanted to give an idea of how a convex shear is sharpened. If a person knows certian things like how to do the ride line with the right pressure and sharpening the convex edge they can successfully restore a scissor. When I sharpen professionally I use a electric sharpener of my own design which I may in the future put on. Most sharpeners use a electric sharpeners. Some of sharpeners actually harm shears. Most all sharpeners still use a stone to do the ride lines. Probably the original Japanese originators of the convex scissors just used a stone as I show in this video. This is a convex edge hair scissor that all hair stylists use. Most house scissors and fabric scissors are beveled edge scissors and are sharpened much differently. Convexed scissors are just for cutting hair. Can you now sharpen a pair of hair scissors as a result of ...

Drip Emitters Purchase Invacare Perfecto2 Clearance Sale




No comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Fran�ais Deutsch Italiano Portugu�s
Espa�ol ??? ??? ?????







Sponsor Links